Monday, January 31, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training - Week #4

Week #4 is in the books and somehow I'm wwaaaayyyy off my prescribed workout calendar, but whatever......

Monday -        Run 1 mile (9:30) + 30 minutes on the elliptical + 25 minutes of weights
Tuesday -        Run 3.94 miles in 35:00 (that's an 8:52 pace) + 15 minutes on the elliptical (1.52 miles)
Wednesday -   Run 3.63 miles in 35:00
Thursday -      Run 2.01 miles in 19:37 + 15 minutes of arm weights
Friday -           Run 5 miles in 48:22 (that's a 9:37 pace)
Saturday -      15 minutes of arm weights
Sunday -         Run 3.60 miles in 35:00

Total miles (running) = 19.18

Reflections:
* Nice overall mileage! I wanted to up my total running miles from last week, which totaled 16.03.
* No real rest days - Saturday was a slow day, but I did something every day!
* Sunday is usually my long run and this week I just wasn't feelin' it - that's life. No biggie. I'm in week 4, I didn't need to sport a 8+ miler this week.
* I'm having fun with the weight-lifting and toning - I can notice a difference in my arms; not in my abs so much.

I'm happy with my progress. I definitely need to get a 5+ miler in this week and I'd love to hit an overall 20-mile week (high hopes)!

2 comments:

Hetrick family said...

Nice work Aim!!! :)

Are you swimming at all? It is good for your lungs while resting your legs. And they have the aqua joggers available at SFU. Just a thought...

HudkinsFamily said...

Aim - I haven't been swimming- thnaks for suggesting it. I might try it. I can feel myself headed for a needed "change of pace" and I love the water, so I might just head there. I'm not a great swimmer, but I know I could find/figure out a water workout that would give me exercise but also a needed break. Thanks.