Sunday, January 9, 2011

Half Marathon Training - Week 1 (of 13) Done!

Week 1 - Check! Here's how it went:
Monday - jog = 12:00 + 30-Day Shred (killer, as usual)
Tuesday - run = 3.67miles in 35:00
Wednesday - run = 2miles in 17:17 + 15:00 on elliptical (1.55miles)
Thursday - run = 3miles in 28:11 + UB strengthening for 15:00
Friday - walk = 2.24miles in 35:00 (supposed to be a rest day but I just felt like I needed to do something)
Saturday - 30-Day Shred + Jillian Michaels Ultimatum Wii game
Sunday - run = 5.2 miles in 50:00

Feelings/thoughts = feeling good. Honestly, I feel like I've taken a step back because I didn't put in major miles this week. But, I'm trying to take this all in stride and realized this is week 1 of 13 weeks of training. In another week or 2, I'm sure that I'll be thankful for that 'rest day' that's built into the week.

I'm ready for week 2 to start tomorrow. Mondays are 'strength and stretch' days for me since Sundays will be my long run. That's a nice way to start the week. I'm pretty much in the gym and on the treadmill for all of my workouts because this is what it looks like outside:

No comments: