Monday, January 17, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

I'm posting this recipe because I totally altered it from one I found online and I want to jot it down before I forget. I tried just a tiny corner of one and they seem to be pretty good (Jackson reports '2 thumbs up'). The lemon zest was a good addition!

1 cup spelt flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 packets of Sweet n Low
+
3/4 cup applesauce (I used my Mom's homemade, but would typically just use a jar or 2 of baby food applesauce)
3/4 cup low-fat butter milk
1 egg white
+
1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon zest (I chopped it finely)
? blueberries (I just kept adding till my heart was content - it was at least a cup)

Stir all ingredients together, spoon into muffin tins (sprayed with baking spray) about 3/4 full (they don't rise )

Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes
Cool
and get this:






No comments: