Sunday, January 23, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training - Week #3 in the Books

I guess you figured out the my running weeks run from Monday- Sunday.
I haven't really been following the training schedule I came up with -some days I do more than prescribed and some days I do less, or different.
Here's how week #3 went down:

Monday - Strengthening work on arms & abs; stretching = 50mins
Tuesday - Run 4.02 miles in 36:45 (9:07 pace)
Wednesday - Strengthening work on arms & abs = 40mins
Thursday - Run 3.71 miles in 35:00 (9:25 pace) + Elliptical x 15mins
Friday - Walk 1.70 miles in 25:00 + Level 3 of 30 Day Shred (killer, but awesome)
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Run 8.3 miles in 80mins (9:37 pace)

Total running miles this week: 16.03

Thoughts: I'm proud of my long run today- my training schedule only required a 6 miler, so I'm pretty pumped about that. I'm also pretty happy with the pace I've been keeping during my runs. I'm giving myself the range of 10:00 - 11:00 per mile for the actual half marathon - just so that I can factor in nerves, water breaks, any potential potty breaks, and any needs to slow my pace or even walk (if I cramp up). All in all, I'm really happy with the mileage I'm able to cover at week #3 of training.

I do want to increase my weekly mileage - maybe trying to add another running day in or upping the mileage during each run.

I'm ready to start week #4 of this stuff!

1 comment:

Hetrick family said...

You are doing great!! Super proud of your long run! Soon enough you'll be doing 10 milers like they are a piece of cake!