Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Milestone(s)

Not every run is a good run, but there are those runs that are really GREAT runs - like the one I had on Thursday. Although I ran on the treadmill and didn't encounter any of the outside challenges (you know, hills, uneven pavement, fresh air), I had a personal best on the treadmill: 3.1 miles in 27:22. That's my best time ever on a 3.1 adventure. 
I am running a 5K in 1 week and my goal is to do it with a time of somewhere between 28:00 and 28:20 - that would be a personal record (PR) for me. I feel like I need to constantly challenge myself so I don't get stuck in my same old routine.
I'm kinda excited about next week's run because this race will be my good friend's first 5K! I am excited for her and can't wait to celebrate our finishes together.
Another milestone for me - and this one's pretty silly, but still a big deal to me: last evening we grabbed sandwiches and took the kids to a park for supper. I've always admired the way Jackson can just move himself along the monkey bars - like it's nothing. I've never been able to do, but last evening I decided to give it a try because I've been trying to build my upper body strength and this was a good way to test it. I DID IT! It was a blast. I don't think I've ever been able to get myself across those bars. I know it's a silly thing, but losing weight, getting fit, feeling good are all part of being a good Mom and now I can join in with my boys on everything they want me to do.
Fun times!

I just love these guys so much!

No comments: