Monday, August 2, 2010

Feeling Like Reflecting

Good run today!

Sometimes I need to take a minute or 2 to just enjoy the abilities of my body. I ran a 3.1 course today in 28:24 - tough course with multiple hills. I run this course regularly but I usually have to take 2-3 walk breaks on those hills. Not today -I ran the entire course! It starts and finished on a track so when I got back to the track and finished the final lap, I took a quick water break and picked up my running again and ended up putting in an additional 2 miles on the track! I wanted to do a longer run today and setting my mind to it allowed me to get in a little over 5 miles. It just amazes me:
1. How important your mind is for running distances,
2. How my body will respond to being pushed beyond the norm,
3. How good it feels to reflect upon a good run!

We had supper this evening with some old friends and since we haven't seen them in a while, they were very complimentary of my appearance, saying things like, "You look really good," and "you look younger than when we were in college." I can't tell you how good it is to hear someone say those things to me.

Lately, I've had a lot of people asking me what I've been doing to lose the weight/get in shape. When people ask me how I've done it and I tell them about running, many times their response is something along the lines of, "I wish I could run," or "my knees (ankles, legs, etc) can't handle running."
I am so thankful that my body can handle what I put it through. Thanks legs!

No comments: