Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tri-ing Some New Things

I'm getting all spunky and creative, with my workouts, as we head into summer's end!

Yesterday I did a double run:
2.27 miles in the morning + 2.24 miles after work.
I've never done double runs before; I think I like it for 2 reasons:
1. It allows me to better manage my time while still squeezing in those miles!
2. My pace was much faster in the afternoon run. I'm not sure, but I think the morning run layed some groundwork for the afternoon run (I'm no exercise physiologist so this is totally just my opinion:)

It's weird, but there's a theme running through all the blogs I follow.
Everyone seems to be 'tri'ing triathlons. It's very inspiring.......
That led me to 'tri' my 1st-ever brick workout this morning:
4.42 miles on the bike (it was an Expresso stationary bike) followed immediately by a
2.27 mile run.
Thoughts:
*If you ever wanted to experience what rubbery legs feel like, bike then run.
*At first, I was a little apprehensive, thinking I might fall over (I didn't).
* It seemed that I was running slower than usual, but alas, I finished my run about 40 seconds faster than yesterday morning!

Do I think I'll do buddy runs again (that's my cutsie word for double runs)?
YES
Do I think that I could continue to build on this brick workout idea?
YES
Do I think that I could add some swimming in the mix of all of this?
YES
Do I think that I could do a triathlon?
Maybe.....to be continued........

Tomorrow is a rest day, kinda, as we go have some fun at Kennywood .

No comments: