2. Eat breakfast - load up on carbs - you're going to need the energy for the long day of picnic activities.
3. Load up on diet sodas - this will ensure a good level of dehydration, high sodium retention, and increased thirst. It also helps to ensure a high likelihood of the afternoon bloat!
4. A word about exercise: you'll most likely be making many trips from the picnic table to the food table - count each trip as exercise :)
You should probably focus on moving as little as possible b/c of the heat - you don't want to overdo it!.
5. Graze - the food will be out all day, so eat
6. Eat a variety of colors - I found cupcakes with red/white/blue icing and sprinkles - these cupcakes paired with the numerous other items you'll be consuming will ensure a plethora of vitamins and minerals.
7. Lemon bars count as a fruit!
8. Salt - its' the spice of life - use liberally. Not only will it make everything taste a little better, but it'll help promote that 'puffy' feeling in the evening and it's a great way to ensure your rings won't fall off your fingers!
9. Don't skip supper. Just because you've been eating all day, you should plan to eat a nice supper. Be sure it's a balanced meal and includes dessert. Hey - treat yourself, it's a picnic!
10. Don't worry about calories. When you eat in social situations, calories don't count :)
Follow these 10 simple steps and in no time you'll realize how far off your fitness routine you are...........
Obviously, I overdid it today. Tomorrow is a new day and water will be my friend! Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day.