Sunday, May 29, 2011

Instead of Running

I really don't think it's time to start thinking about finding another sport, but running isn't working out so well for me. I'm in PT, though, and hoping this does the trick. I'm a slave to my strengthening and stability exercises, but when it comes time to 'run,' I don't do so well. I've managed to run a 3-minute block, a 6-minute block, and a 4:30 minute block (all on separate days) - but no more without increasing pain :(

So what have I been doing? I've been working on my arms and abs and trying to just keep a positive focus.

Also have been enjoying some time outside, because we finally can :)

We went to my cousin's family camp yesterday and had so much fun. It was great to get away for a little bit. It's amazing how you can spend the day 'exercising' without counting miles, minutes, reps. I was totally dirty and sweaty when we got home.

Me and my little guys!

 Me doing my rendition of "Endless Love" - you can feel it, can't you? I guess it kinda looks like I'm having intestinal problems, but I swear I was singing.....


I look @ this photo and think if I could go back to the me from 1 year ago and flash forward to the me today, I'd be pretty excited to see what I see and wouldn't be too hard on myself for not being able to run right now. 
(Thanks for taking this photo, Jeremy!)

No comments: