Monday, September 6, 2010

My 5th 5k

I completed my 5th 5k this morning with another personal best (every race has been a personal best for me so far:). I ran the Labor Day 5K Pump and Run in Tipton, PA (home of DelGrosso's Park).
This was the most diverse route including running through a wet, dewy field, into the woods and on a path, up a a rocky hill, through a development that had hills, and back. It was 45 degrees when I got to the race, so I dressed warmly (a lesson I learned after running my first race and being too cold).
I didn't want to do anything but finish it, but when I came across the finish line in 26:27, I was #1surprised, and #2 thrilled. I ended up finishing 1st in my age category and got a nice medal for it!
This running thing is treating me really well and I'm really diggin it.
Next on the agenda is to continue to train for the 10K in October and possibly run the Great Race (5K) in Pittsburgh on September 26 - that's what I want to do for my birthday (crazy, huh?)

No comments: