Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Twilight Race Report

Last race of the year!
Made sure my toe nails were painted for the occasion! And just to make sure that I didn't take this race too seriously, I wore my "Where's the beef?" tee shirt - funny since I haven't eaten red meat in over 20 years!
Weather was fine - about 42 degrees - it was a tad cold waiting to take off but as soon as we got started, the air felt good.

Getting ready to go! Got to chat with my friend, Monica, who was running this race for the 1st time - her goal was a sub-30:00 (spoiler -she did it!)

A little blurry, but had to add this one - check out that smile - glad I was enjoying myself.

Coming in the home stretch - always the best part of the race :)

Finished and feeling good.
I didn't really have any goals for this race - I just wanted to have a good time. I did have a good time - I really enjoyed this run (I ran it last year, but it seemed so much harder last year). Maybe taking things with a side of humor has some credit to it. I finished in 24:58 or somewhere right around that mark, which will seal up the best 5k time of 2011 for me (my PR is 24:12 in this same race last year).
After the race we went to TGIFridays for supper. Yes, while everyone else there was dressed in their finest New Year's Eve outfits, I went with my "where's the beef" shirt....

We ended the evening with a ride through Lakemont Park's Lights on the Lake (we got a ticket for free entrance as part of the race packet and we're not going to pass up something that's free!).

Jude  watching the lights.

Blurry, but you get the idea!

This is my favorite part!
The path that we drove through was the exact route of the 5k I ran earlier!

After the drive through the park, we went inside to see this train display - the boys loved it.




It was a great way to end 2011!
Tomorrow is a new year, full of possibilities and hopes!
Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments: