Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fun Run

My run today was more of a rog or a jun or a ralk or a wun. I don't really know...(it was some form of walk, run, jog, take pictures).
I took my camera along and decided I would just have some fun - no time keeping, no intervals, etc. Just a nice fall run enjoying the scenery. I'm about 1-2 weeks late on the peak of the foliage, but I managed to catch quite a few pretty photos along the way.
Going up our lane (shortly after I took this photo, I heard someone something behind me. I turned around and there was Gertie (my dog) chasing behind me. I had to run her back and restart - no biggie!

This is the first of about 4 hills I manage to navigate each time I run this route.

Second hill - beautiful leaves :)

I love cresting this hill - only a few of the leaves are left @ this point, but you can get the idea of how it might look full of leaves.
When I run this route in the morning, the sun will greet me as I crest this hill - it's breathtaking!

This is the closest I'll ever get to being tall!


Beautiful Maple. A friendly pup came by to greet me @ this point.

These horses are always so nice and say, "Hello!" when I run past.

Prettiness!

The 'tall' me (with what looks like a swollen leg).

I love Oak trees.


Just me being silly. And yes, I do realize I look like I should be headed to the pool after this, but I swear this is a cold-weather sport hat.

Crossing over the creek that actually runs behind our lake.

And finally, this is what I get to come home to!

Happy Fall!

No comments: