Saturday, September 3, 2011

Crock Pot is the new Dining Out

I used my crock pot to make supper twice this week.
I'm a little obsessed with it now.
Why haven't I been using it everyday to make supper?
It's so easy - you pretty much dump and go (sounds a little like a bathroom ritual, but I assure you I'm referring to meal prep).

On Sunday I made vegetarian chili - the hardest part was opening all the cans.
I use a large can of diced tomatoes (with juices) and then smaller cans (14.5oz) of:
diced tomatoes with green chilies and cilantro
black beans (I drain and rinse all beans)
kidney beans
great northern beans
corn (drained)
Then I add about a tablespoon (or more....or less...we'll just say to taste):
chili powder
cumin
paprika
garlic powder
chopped onion (not a fan of chopping onions, so I cheat and use dried)
salt to taste.
I cook it on high for about 4-5 hours.
Oh so good!
On Tuesday, I made Santa Fe Chicken - recipe found here

Who needs to dine out when you can make such yummy and quick meals at home.

I'm going to plot and plan for 1-2 new crock pot dinners in the coming week. I'll keep ya posted.

Do you crock pot? Often?
 Any good recipes or websites you use for crock pot yumminess?


3 comments:

Christa Miko said...

Hey Amy..check out Crock Pot Girls on Facebook!

HudkinsFamily said...

Christa - I just started following them. This whole crock pot thing is like amazing - it's all new to me and I love it!

Linda Hudkins said...

Anytime you want chopped or sliced onions, just whistle. I love chopping them.