Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sometimes a run is a run

I ran a 5K this morning. It wasn't my worst time, but nowhere near my best. My knee did fine until about 2.5 miles into the run; then she started acting up and I finished with it hurting. The 5K run was part of the closing ceremony for the SFU Relay for Life- definitely a worthy cause!
My time: 28:49
At least I ran the entire way, no stopping (slowing, but not stopping).
I did better than expected, but not as well as I hoped for.
Not all runs are good runs; today's run was a run. It was more of a test to see how the 'ol knee would do. Guess I found out.
Man, I gotta get this under control - it's just the start of the running season and I got a lot of runs on my list.

Gotta love my little running buddy - he ran the Tot Trot and came in 2nd!


1 comment:

Hetrick family said...

:) Great picture of you two!