Sunday, March 27, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 13 (Ah Man!)

I'm not too sure where to start this week. It's been a weird week. I'm totally off any sort of training schedule with pretty much no miles under my belt; I'm not tapering, just a lot of unexpected things popped up.

Last Sunday I ran 13.1 miles on the Ghost Town Trail and flared up my knee enough that I had to take some time off from running. Add to that a terrible cold and I haven't really had much of an opportunity to train. This weekend brought about more illnesses in the house.

So I'm not sure where I go from here. The 1/2 marathon, the one I've been training for so intensely for 12 weeks, is 5 days away and I'm not certain if I'll be able to run it.

I guess I just need to see what this week brings and if a 13.1 mile run isn't in the stars for me this coming weekend, it will be at some other time. I'm kinda bummed, but also cautiously optimistic........

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Hetrick family said...

Protect your knee.

Stay positive.

Be proud regardless of this race....

Do you realize you have already RUN your first 1/2--actually you have already run TWO halfs.

You are amazing regardless of what happens to the C.F. half.

I know you were really excited about the symbolism of the race, but don't get caught up in that.

But...I have to say it--Damn knees.